Thank you for your interest in The Flyleaf Review and checking out my Review Policy. I am accepting requests for reviews of hardcopies as well as ARC’s, manuscripts and edited proofs (preferably bound) from authors, publicists and publishers.
I will also accept requests from independent and self published authors.
theflyleafreview at gmail dot com.
*I do try to respond to every review request, but no response after several days can best be viewed as a respectful decline.
Genres Accepted for Review
- Paranormal/Urban Fantasy/ Magical Realism
- Fantasy and Adventure
- Dystopic/Post Apocalyptic
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fiction
As noted, I most often read and review YA fiction, however, I am also interested in New Adult and some Adult fiction with crossover appeal.
Genres NOT Accepted for Review
- Non fiction/ memoirs/ biographies
- Self help
- Titles with extreme religious undertones
- Book details: title, author, publisher/ date published, number of pages and source
- A cover image of the book.
- A summation of the book taken from the dust jacket, the author, publisher or book’s websites, or Goodreads.
- “My Take”, my personal review of the book
- The opening line, excerpts and quotes from the book, and cover thoughts may also be included
- The review may also be posted on Goodreads, Amazon, Library Thing, NetGalley (when applicable) and Pinterest in addition to this blog. I will also link all reviews through Twitter and Facebook.
Note: In regards to books in a series, if asked to review a book in a series I would request that copies of the earlier works be provided to me if I have not already read them. You can see a list of the books I have read.
In closing, my reviews are fair and honest, but they are my personal interpretations and feelings about a book. As such, I can not guarantee that they will always be positive. But I do promise to always start a book with an open mind and the expectation that I will enjoy it. I will read and post my review in a timely manner. If the book is an ARC, I will forward a copy of the review upon completion but will not post the review until 1-2 weeks prior to release (unless otherwise specified by the author, publicist or publisher.)
- Entrants must be 13 or older.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random and will be notified via email. Winner must respond with a valid mailing address within 48 hours. If winner does not respond within that time, a new winner will be selected. I will post the winner’s first name and last initial or screen name on the blog after notifying them. I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that do not comply with the rules
- Books will be mailed to the winner USPS Priority, first class parcel or media mail rate depending on weight as well as the destination. I’m sorry but I cannot be held responsible for books that are lost in the mail. I will always do my best to mail the book in a timely manner.
- Giveaways will state whether they will be open to U.S or International entrants.
- Email and mailing addresses collected for giveaways will not be used for any other purpose than notifying and/or communicating with the winner regarding the giveaway.
Thanks for entering and best of luck to you!
- The personal information that I collect for my giveaways will never be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to another person, company or entity without your consent.
- I recommend that you do not submit or post any personally identifiable information when posting comments or entering giveaways on the The Flyleaf Review. Only use your first name or screen name.
- As per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, I am prohibited from collecting personal info from children under 13. If that describes you, please ask a parent or guardian to enter my giveaway on your behalf.
As always, thanks for visiting The Flyleaf Review!