|Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.|
Top Ten Beach Reads
I tried to stick with books that have sort of a summer theme or books I have personally read and enjoyed during past summers.
1. Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard- Finding oneself while backpacking in a lush, jungle landscape with hot tour guide = awesome summer read:)
2. This Lullaby or any Sarah Dessen book. - This Lullaby is my personal fave of her books. I have a serious soft spot for geeky musician boys.
3. Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar- perfect combo of beach/ surf lifestyle but exposes some hefty issues and packs a powerful punch.
4. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume- I read this about thirteen summers ago and it's definitely the quintessential beach read.
5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- I know, I know, it seems like this is on all my Top Ten lists! But when it comes to coming of age and stories that take place during the summer, this one totally fits the bill. Plus, like Raw Blue, it tackles some serious issues so you are also, you know, exercising your brain and expanding your horizons:)
6. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson- ROAD TRIP! What's more summery than that?
7. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Anne Brasheres - Ok, I never read the book (s) but I thought the movie was cute and it is perfect summertime material.
8. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - Another book that I read a few summer's back. Never saw the movie (I heard it wasn't so great) but the book ROCKED.
9. Tokyo Heist by Diana Renn- I recently read this (review will post in a couple of weeks) and it was fun. The story takes place in Tokyo while the MC is on summer break.
10. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller- Just read and reviewed this and LOVED it! The setting is a beach town of the Florida Gulf Coast and there are deep sea fishing and midnight sea turtle hatching scenes written in. Perfect summertime read!
Here are some of the books I am planning on reading this summer, all with summertime themes.
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler - Just bought this last week.
Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols- a very generous blogger sent me this one.
The Summer Series by Jenny Han- I have the first two books in this series.
Second Chance Summer- Loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour so I'm looking forward to this one.
What's your Top Ten Summer reading list? Link me up or leave me a comment:)